What are Network Outage Notifications?
Network Outage Notifications are push notifications you can receive from your Notion app that alert you when your bridge has disconnected from your system.
When will I receive Network Outage Notifications?
When you have Network Outage Notifications enabled in the app, you will receive a push notification after your bridge has been disconnected from your system for 10 minutes - along with a timestamp indicating when the initial disconnect occurred.
You will also receive a push notification once your bridge has reconnected to your system, along with a timestamp indicating when it came back online.
How do I enable or disable Network Outage Notifications?
- From the Notion app on your phone, tap on Settings at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on the Notifications tab at the top
- Tap on the toggle to turn the alerts On, or Off.
What should I do if I receive a Network Outage Notification?
- Check your wifi network and make sure it is still broadcasting a signal, and check your router to make sure it is also online and working properly.
- Check your Notion Bridge to see if it is still plugged in, or if it has mistakenly been unplugged from an outlet. Make sure the LED light on the bridge is still illuminated, and that it is receiving power.
- Check other devices in your home to see if they are having trouble connecting to your wifi network, which could indicate that the issue is related to your network.
If you frequently receive Network Outage Notifications, it might be due to wireless interference with your Notion Bridge. Check out this article, which includes information on troubleshooting wireless interference: What Is The Best Place To Install The Bridge?
Additional benefits of Network Outage Notifications
Since Network Outage Notifications notify you when your bridge is disconnected from your system, they are often an early sign that something else may be going on in your home:
Network Outage Notifications can help quickly alert you if there is a potential internet outage in your area, sometimes even before your internet service provider does!
Just like internet outages, these notifications can oftentimes be a first alert you receive if the power goes out, especially if you are away from your home at that time. These time-sensitive alerts are especially beneficial if you are traveling, or just away from your home at that time.
If you are not sure what could be causing you to receive this notification from your system, feel free to call our team to help you troubleshoot. Click here to submit a ticket, or we are available by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (877) 668-4660.