What are low battery notifications?
As soon as Notion detects your sensor batteries are getting low, the app will send a push notification to your smartphone or tablet.
When the battery reaches a “critical” level, the Notion app will send another notification, to remind you to replace them.
How can I check the battery level for my sensors?
Even if you’re away from home, you can use the Notion app to check the battery level in your sensors. Here's how, just follow the steps below.
- Tap on the System icon at the bottom of the screen
- Tap on the Sensors tab at the top
- View a list of all your sensors, with an icon indicating the current battery level
To view more details, tap to select a sensor. On the Sensor Details screen, you can view the Location, Current Tasks, Signal Strength, and Battery Level.
How do I turn off low battery notifications?
Don't want to receive low battery notifications? No worries, you can turn them off at any time.
- From the Notion app on your phone, tap on the Settings icon at the bottom of the screen
- Tap on the Notifications tab at the top
- Under Low Battery - tap on Off to disable the notifications
Replacing Your Batteries
After you've received a notification that your batteries are low, click on this link to learn how to replace them: How To Replace The Sensor Battery
We recommend standard Alkaline AAA batteries for Gen 3 Notion Sensors, and Energizer Ultimate Lithium AAA batteries for Gen 2 Notion Sensors. * Please note, it may take up to an hour for the battery status to update in the app after they have been replaced.