Multi-user support will empower you to safely and reliably share access and control of your Notion Home with friends and family you trust. Invite your spouse, children, friends or neighbors as managers to allow them to access your Notion system.
How to add a manager to your Notion system
- Tap on Account
- Tap on People
- Tap Add Manager
- Tap Grant Manager Access and follow the in-app instructions
Once you’ve invited a manager, it’s important they follow the instructions in the email invitation. They will need to click the link in that email to download the app and create their own Notion account. The link in the email is unique to them and the only way access to your system can be granted. Once they create an account, they’ll be prompted to accept your invitation and will be automatically added to your Notion system.
Managers can also:
- Set their own individual preferences for notifications, including night time alerts, alerts while at home or alerts while away, different temperature preferences and system outages
- Add or delete sensors, or add or delete tasks to sensors that are already installed
- Add or delete bridges
- Remove themselves from a system
- Add or remove other managers from the system
- Change the home or away status of the system
- Change the name or location of the system
- Delete the system
Allowing a user to access your system as a manager will not affect your ability to interact with your Notion system as you are used to it. You will still get all the same alerts to inform you about your home, only your friends and family will too!
As the owner of the system, you will also get notifications any time a manager adds or deletes a sensor, task or a bridge.
How to add a secondary contact to your NotionPRO account
If you do not have a manager on your Notion system, you’ll need to follow the steps above before you can add a NotionPRO secondary contact. Once you’ve added a new manager, they will need to complete the registration process for NotionPRO in their own Notion app by going to Settings > Integrations > NotionPRO and follow the in-app instructions.
The secondary contact for NotionPRO will receive notifications when an alarm is triggered and can de-escalate or escalate alarms. However, in the event of an emergency, Noonlight will only call the primary contact listed on the NotionPRO account.
Feel free to reach out with any questions you have about multi-user support. Simply click here to submit a ticket.