Use the instructions below to replace the batteries in your second or first generation sensors. Click here for more information on the differences between the two generations.
- Twist the front of the sensor counter-clockwise to remove it from the base.
- Pull the batteries out and install new ones. Make sure you install them in the right direction.
- Line up the arrow on the baseplate with the arrow on the main sensor assembly, push the two halves together and twist counterclockwise until you feel a small click. Make sure you twist the sensor all the way, otherwise your sensor might miss an alert.
Second Generation Notion sensors are shipped with Energizer Ultimate Lithium AAA’s. The sensor will function normally with standard alkaline AAA’s, however we can only guarantee the battery life of the sensor if lithium AAA’s are installed.
- Twist the sensor cap counter-clockwise a quarter turn and lift off the cap.
- Carefully lift the battery out of the battery holder. You can either grip it with two fingers and lift it out or use a small screwdriver and lever it out using the gap on one side of the battery holder.
- The battery can be replaced with a CR2477N coin cell. Place it in the battery holder with the text facing up, and push down until it snaps into place.
- Once the battery is firmly in place, twist the sensor cover over the top of it. It should twist on in a clockwise rotation.
CAUTION: RISK OF EXPLOSION IF BATTERY IS REPLACED BY AN INCORRECT TYPE. DISPOSE OF USED BATTERIES ACCORDING TO LOCAL DISPOSAL REGULATIONS FOR LITHIUM BATTERIES
If Still have questions? Feel free to reach out to our support team for help. Click here to submit a ticket, or we're available directly by email at email@example.com or by phone at (877)668-4660.
If you just replaced the battery in your sensor and it is still not working, click here for a few troubleshooting options.