Having trouble setting up your bridge? We're happy to help. Take a look at our guide below for suggestions.
The Notion app can't find my bridge
- Is your bridge plugged in and flashing blue? If it's green or red, we'll need to reset the bridge.
- Did you plug your bridge in within the last 30 minutes? A bridge is only searchable for the first 30 minutes after its been plugged in. If it's been longer than 30 minutes, simply unplug it and plug it back in before trying again.
- How close is your bridge to your router? During the initial setup, it may help to move the bridge closer to your router.
- Are location services turned on for your phone? We need your home location during bridge setup so we can tailor your notifications if you are at home or away. Check your phone settings and turn location services on.
The Notion app can't configure my bridge
There are a few different issues that can cause errors in the bridge set up process. You might see different error messages, but the troubleshooting process is similar for each error:
- Make sure that you are entering the correct WiFi password for your network
- Connect your phone to a 2.4 GHz WiFi network. If you have a dual-band WiFi router, you may need to "forget" the 5.0 GHz band
- Acknowledge any errors messages and try the set up process again
- Try hard-closing out of your app and try setting up again
- Try logging out of the app and logging back in, then try setting up again.
- If at any point the LED on your bridge turns green, try resetting your bridge and then try setting up again.
- If the LED on the bridge turns green again but you continue to see errors, contact our support desk for assistance
- If the LED on your bridge turns red, check your WiFi settings to see if you have a firewall enabled. Disable your firewall or allow your Notion bridge access. If you need information about the bridge's MAC address to bypass your firewall, each bridge has a unique address that either includes 40E230 or 80A589. If you need information on the specific ports of your firewall to open, they are TCP port 5280 and TCP port 443.
- Make sure your WiFi router is using WPA2 security settings. Click here for more information on WiFi security.
If you still cannot set up your bridge after troubleshooting, contact our support team for assistance. Please be ready to share the seven digit serial number of your bridge (it's on the back and starts with f00) as well as any steps that you took to troubleshoot along the way. Click here to submit a ticket, or We're available by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (877)668-4660.