Occasionally a sensor needs a little extra help after replacing a battery.
Let's start with making sure the sensor is awake.
When you install a new battery, the sensor should flash the blue LED. If you don't see the LED flash, then try removing and inserting the battery once more.
If you have a first generation sensor and you still don't see the LED flash, then try discharging it. With the battery removed, use a metal object to bridge the gap between the contacts on the battery holder for a few seconds. Then reinstall the battery and look for the LED to flash again.
Not sure which sensor you have? Click here for more information.
Next let's make sure your sensor is connected.
- After your sensor flashes blue it should eventually flash green. If you do not notice your sensor flash green then make sure your bridge is connected here.
- If your bridge is connected to your WiFi but your sensor does not flash green, you may need to move your bridge closer to the sensor just until the sensor connects. Then you can move your bridge back to its original location.
- Confirm that your sensor is connected in the app by clicking the at the bottom menu and navigating to the sensors tab. You may need to give the mobile app a minute to update after your sensor reconnects.
Once your sensor is awake and connected to your bridge, let's make sure it's reporting events correctly.
- Test an event to see if your sensor sends a notification. For example if your sensor is for a door, try opening the door. The app might take a moment before you get a notification.
- If you do not get a notification from the door task, check to see that your sensor is reporting the correct status for your door. If your sensor says that your door is open when the door is closed then use the sync task to recalibrate your sensor. Click next to the task from the home page. Scroll to the bottom and click . Follow the on-screen prompts and test the alert again.
- If using the sync feature does not help or syncing is not available for the task that you are trying to test, you may need to recalibrate your sensor by deleting and re-adding the task.
If you continue to have trouble with a sensor after following the troubleshooting above, feel free to reach out to our help desk by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (877)668-4660.