Is the status of your task opposite of what it should be? Maybe you're no longer receiving door alerts? Most likely your sensor is out of sync.
What do I do?
Occasionally sensors can get out of sync. When this happens, try the Resync Door Task feature to get it back on track. This works on hinged doors, hinged windows, and garage doors.
How to Resync your Door Task:
- From the home screen in the Notion app, tap on the door task that needs to be synced
- Scroll to the bottom of the Task Details screen and tap Resync Door Task
- Follow the in-app instructions to compete the resync. This can take up to a few minutes, and you will receive a push notification once it's complete.
- After resyncing, the sensor should start reporting properly again.
How does this happen?
Notion sensors can get into this state for a few reasons:
- The sensor has a small compass inside that detects what direction the sensor is pointing. Sometimes when a battery is replaced, this can cause it to become magnetized making the sensor think the door is open.
- Another cause is when a sensor is too close to an existing security system that use magnets. If you have one of these in your home you will need to move your Notion sensor at least 3 feet from the security system before re-syncing.
These are the two most common causes of a sensor getting stuck open, however you might notice that your sensor can get stuck without either of these things. If this is the case, simply use the Resync Task feature to correct it.
Still having trouble?
If your sensor still isn't reporting properly after Resyncing the task, or if you have any other questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com or by phone at (877) 668-4660. Happy monitoring!